Read this article to know the best Home Remedies for Head Lice. First of all let me tell you what is Head Lice?
Head lice are bloodsucking insects that survive in the hair and scalp of humans. These tiny insects live on the scalp and feeds on human blood. Head lice are a very common problem in all children ages 3 to 12 although everyone can get them. Head lice can be transferred from person to person through direct contact.
Head lice also can be spread when infested hair brushes or combs are shared or when infested bedding, towels or shower caps are shared. Head lice grow in three forms: nits, nymphs, and adults. Head lice can best be controlled through the assistance of parents, children, and school and health care providers. Head lice are not known to pass on disease.
Head lice symptoms
The common symptom once infected by head lice is a tickling feeling felt in the hair as well as steady itching due to the bites and common feeling of something moving in the hair
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Head Lice:
Home Remedies for Head Lice
1) Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice with one tablespoon of butter. Apply to hair, and stay 15 minutes. Wash hair, no need to use comb. This is easy Home Remedy for Head Lice.
2) Coat the hair in mayonnaise and leave on for a least of two hours. Rinse and comb through hair. This will not only kill the lice, but it also assist in to remove the eggs much easier!
3) One effective Home Remedy for Head Lice is to wash the hair with vinegar. This will kill all the lice in two days.
4) Mix fresh lemon and coconut oil (in the same amounts). Apply softly on your hair. Leave at least 2 to 3 hrs. and wash your head.
5) Rub Listerine mouth wash on your head as this will destroy all the lice and nits.
6) Another effective Home Remedy for Head Lice is to add 1 tsp of garlic paste in 1 tsp of limejuice, and to apply it all over the scalp. After that stay for 30 minutes and then wash.
7) Take about 8-10 almonds and crush them to form a paste with 2-3 tsp of limejuice. Apply the paste on the scalp and let it stay for half an hour. Thereafter you can wash your head.
8) Apply Vaseline freely on your scalp to suffocate and eradicate the lice. It may be tiring affair as Vaseline is not that simple to remove. Before washing you can apply corn flour to make the procedure trouble-free.
9) Make a mixture by mixing 20 drops each of eucalyptus essential oil and tea tree oil, 10 drops each of aniseed essential oil and lemon oil with 75ml olive oil. Apply this on your hair and leave it for an hour for better result. After this wash your hair.
10) Always keep your hair well-groomed and clean by using the suitable shampoo
By Tom Alter